April Featured Athlete - Ritchie Scott
1. What brought you into CFP?
I first started back in 2014 for a brief time, but did not stick with it because of an injury. Life happened and never got back until November of 2017. Started at CFP because of my Cousin Matt Skeval, who is a longtime member, and to get fit! I have now certainly been bitten by the CF bug and am officially addicted!
2. What do you do for a living?
I am the Sales Manager at Maguire Hyundai Subaru.
3. Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa and moved to Trumansburg, NY, where i still reside, in middle of my 9th grade year in 1999.
4. What's a goal you've knocked off your list since starting CrossFit?
I could barely do pull ups back in November, now i can do 6 strict and do CTB.
5. What are future goals you have?
I eventually want to RX every WOD. I want to be as technically perfect in all lifts and movements. Can't wait for my first Muscle Up!
6. What's your favorite CF movement?
7. What's your least favorite CF movement?
8. If you could write a WOD, what would it look like?
5 Rounds FT
10 Dead Lifts @225
5 Thrusters @100
15 Cal Row
9. It was mentioned that I should peep your Insta...Can you tell me a little bit about your weight loss progress? (if it's too personal and you don't want to share, just don't answer.)
I have lost 63 lbs since June 1, 2017 in an effort to get healthy. Started with Nutritional Ketosis and lost the first 50 lbs by nutrition alone. I am now doing a cutting template through Renaissance Periodization. I have two boys ages two and six, who i adore. I grew up with two terminally ill parents. My mother battled Colon Cancer for 8 years and my Father fought Huntington's Disease. They had medical issues pretty much my entire life up until their passing in 1999. That leaves me behind the eight ball genetically speaking. Last May, i weighed myself and saw 260 lbs for the first time in my life and decided enough is enough. I needed to get healthy for not only me, but for my family. I want them to see what healthy and fit living looks like, something i didn't get growing up. I want to make sure i can put myself in the best position as possible to fend off whatever my genetics have in store for me. I want to see my kids graduate high school, something my parents missed. Since joining CFP in November, i have gone from 209 lbs to 198 lbs and 20% body fat to 17% and dropping. I have seen major development in my strength and technique. I have a LONG way to go, but I'm having fun!
10. What do you do for self care?
I go to Dr. Sarah Gardner for knee and shoulder issues. I also do ROM WOD daily.
11. Do you have any animals?
I have two dogs. Stanley and Lexi. Pit Bull/Lab mix.
12. What's your athletic background?
I was a three sport athlete in high school, with Football being my passion. I played collegiate football at Utica College as a offensive lineman.
13. What's your favorite season?
Summer baby! :)
14. What's your favorite thing to do in Ithaca?
Taking my kids to the park!
15. What's your favorite thing to eat?
Oooooohhhh, its a toss up between Taste of Thai Green Curry and Spicy Asian Kung Po Chicken!
16. Wine, liquor, beer, cinder or neither?
Gees, depends on my mood. Wine is Merlot or Tug Boat Red. Beer is Octoberfest or Dog Fish Head 120 minute IPA
17. If you could bring one piece of equipment to a deserted island?
18. What would you say to someone hesitant about starting CF?
Take it slow and take the small victories early on. It can be over whelming to practice all the high skill movements and perfect the technique, something i am still doing. Have fun and write down your progress!