April Featured Athlete - Jeff Lower
1. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Ithaca.
2. (If you aren't from Ithaca) What brought you to Ithaca?
Family brought me back to Ithaca.
3. What do you do for a living?
I am a property manager and a freelance cinematographer.
4. What brought you into CFP?
The friendly atmosphere of course.
5. What are some CF goals you've crossed off the list?
My two favorite. Legless rope climbs, and a bar muscle-up.
6. What are some goals you've got your eyes on?
Gymnastic stuff has always been out of my comfort zone and I dream of being able to walk on my hands someday.
7. If you could write a workout, what would it look like?
It would have rowing, rope climbs, and box jumps.
8. What do you like to do outside of the gym?
Photography, and going to the range.
9. What's your favorite thing about Ithaca?
The beautiful green natural areas around us in the summer.
Guinness, and other very very dark beer.
11. Favorite home cooked meal?
My wife Julie makes a wonderful Tandoori Chicken with Mango Chutney.
12. Favorite meal or place to eat in Ithaca?
13. Favorite season?
14. Most important CF accessory?
The gloves I use for rope climbing.
15. What do you do for self care?
Stretch every night before bed, try to get good sleep, and hop into a hot tub once in a while.
16. Favorite Harry Potter character?
17. Favorite HP book?
The first one.
18. If someone was hesitant about joining CFP, what would you tell them?
I would show them the support video we put together for Tim for the 2018 games. I would show them how much people at our gym cheer each other on. It doesn't matter if you are getting your first pull up, or you are a games athlete, we celebrate each others successes.