February Featured Athlete - Jon Sornberger
1. Where are you from?
Harford, NY originally but we just bought a house in Newfield.
2. What do you do for a living?
I’m an equipment tech for the Wilson Synchrotron Lab at Cornell.
3. What made you start CrossFit?
Cathy and Phil talked about how much fun it is and brought me to a bring a friend class. I started foundations shortly after that.
4. What are some goals you've achieved since starting CF?
When I first started Crossfit I could barely do a single pull up, almost a year later I got my first bar muscle up!
5. What are some future goals that you have?
Just to keep showing up consistently and improving.
6. What's your favorite movement?
7. Do you have a least favorite movement?
8. If you could write a WOD, what would it look like?
A short AMRAP with dumbbell clean and jerks, double unders and pushups.
9. What do you do for self-care?
I try and ROMWOD a few times a week.
10. Any big events coming up?
Sabrina and I are getting married in October!
11. Where's your favorite place to eat out?
The boat yard.
12. What's your favorite thing to eat in?
13. Do you cook?
Only the grilling!
14. Liquor, wine, beer, cider- all, some or none?
I enjoy an occasional Busch Latte haha
15. Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall?
16. If you could only use 1 piece of gym equipment for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A pair pf dumbells.
17. Are you excited for The Open? Any goals related to it?
This will be my first one so just getting through it, trying to Rx as much as I can.
18. If someone was hesitant about starting CF, what would you tell them?
I would tell them every WOD can be scaled to your ability and if you put in the work and listen to the coaches you’ll see results.