March Featured Athlete - Karen Prosser
1. Where are you from?
2. What brought you to the US?
Cornell, initially for 3 years…….it’s been almost 19!!
3. What brought you to Ithaca?
Same as #2
4. Do you plan on sticking around here?
Yes I do :).
5. What do you do for a living?
I work in budget and finance for the College of Engineering at Cornell
6. What are some CF goals you've hit?
Strict pull up
7. What are some future goals?
There are many that I am very slowly chipping away at, but the main goal is just keep showing up and having fun!
8. What's your favorite movement?
I actually like cleans, though they still need work
9. What's your least favorite movement?
THRUSTERS. I get totally stuck at the bottom.
10. If you could write a WOD, what would it look like?
Some DUBS and box jumps.
11. What do you do for self care?
LOL - I am terrible at this in terms of stretching etc.
12. What do you like to do outside of CrossFit?
I like to ski in winter and in summer I like being outside.
13. What's your favorite restaurant around here?
Rosalie’s in Skaneateles. Great food and atmosphere.
14. What's the best meal you've ever had?
I don’t think I have a best meal
15. Do you have a favorite author or book?
I’ve read so many great books, I have numerous favorites.
16. If someone was hesitant about starting CrossFit, what would you tell them?
Just do it. It’s an amazing, supportive group of people. The personal growth is incredibly satisfying and rewarding. I love that it is always challenging, pretty much every day.