December Featured Athlete - Dylan Major
1. What brought you into CFP?
I had heard a lot about it and had just moved to the area. I thought it would be a good time to try it out and see if it was something I wanted to get into.
2. Where are you from?
I grew up in London, and then moved to NYC for high-school.
3. What do you do for a living?
I’m in my first year at Cornell Law School.
4. What makes you keep coming back to CFP?
The versatility of the workouts is great. I also love that they are preplanned and I don’t have to think about anything but the exercise while I am there. Also it is a great way to get exercise but keep the time down so I can go on with my day and still get an effective workout.
5. What are some of your CF accomplishments?
I’m just proud that I keep coming in to be honest.
6. What are some of your CF goals?
To try Rx a bit more often when I feel like I can do it. I’m still scaling quite a lot.
7. What’s your favorite movement?
Either cleans, or toes to bar on the rings.
8. What’s your least favorite movement?
Front squats suck.
9. If you could write a wod, what would it look like?
8 rounds, 8 cleans, 8 deadlifts, 8 squats.
10. What’s your favorite local restaurant?
Asia Cuisine had great Korean food.
11. Favorite swimming spot in Ithaca?
I’m not a swimmer.
12. What do you do for self care?
I do a lot of bread baking and am working on making perfecting my pizza skills.
13. What do you like to do outside of the box?
I play guitar and banjo and love seeing live music.
14. Cider, wine, beer, liquor or neither?
All of the above. Although I’m partial to IPA’s and red wine.
15. Do you have any animals?
Not in Ithaca. At home, I have two old dogs, a pitbull and a black lab.
16. If you could bring one book and one piece of workout equipment to a deserted island, what would they be?
I'd bring On Beauty by Zadie Smith, and a shakeweight.
17. Why did the chicken cross the road?
Hey don’t call me that! Im just trying to run a 400.
18. What would you tell someone that is hesitant about starting CrossFit?
Don’t be intimidated, the coaches are awesome and they’ll tell you what to do every day. Also drink a lot of water.