1. Where are you from?
2. What do you do for a living?
I am a Recreation Therapist at Kendal at Ithaca
3. What brought you into CFP?
I came to a bring a friend day with my mom and Phil, and really liked it!
4. Did you visit your mom and Phil (other CFP athletes) when they were in Qatar?
My mom and Phil lived in Qatar. I did visit them 3 or 4 times. It was an amazing experience and my first time outside of the country!
5. Would you ever live in a different country?
6. If so, where?
Its hard to choose but I think I would live in Ireland! I think Australia would be awesome too.
7. What are your CrossFit goals?
My goal is to be able to be more comfortable in the gymnastic movements and maybe be able to do a pull up one day!
8. What are some goals you’ve accomplished?
Some CF goals that I have accomplished are I can now do a couple double unders!, I was able to do a toes to bar and I think that in just the short amount of time we have been able to run outside, my running has greatly improved. I was able to back squat 205lbs which was pretty cool too!
9. What’s your favorite CF movement?
I really like rowing and power cleans! I really like the heavy lifting and finding new PRs
10. What’s your least favorite CF movement?
My least favorite CF move is snatches, but I think with more practice they will get better!
11. If you could write a WOD, what would it look like?
I really have no idea how to write a WOD because I am still learning everything! But I think it would look something like 5 rounds for time of a 15 cal row and 10 thrusters, as heavy as possible.
12. You started CrossFit at the beginning of the year and have improved leaps and bounds! What do you think attributes to that?
I think that I have been able to improve because I am willing to try new movements and keep a positive attitude that I can do it! Having an athletic background helps too. I played soccer, basketball, and softball in high school.
13. What’s your favorite restaurant?
I LOVE Mexican food so Chipotle, Moes, Viva... its hard to pick just one
14. What do you like to do outside of the gym?
Outside of the gym I like to spend time with family and friends and when the weather is nice going for hikes with my two basset hounds Bonnie and Marshall. I love to take our 4-wheeler out in the woods for a ride, and hunting with my fiancé Jonny. I am hoping to get a kayak this summer and spend my days off at the lake!!
15. What do you do for self care?
Cuddle on the couch with my basset hounds! They are the best cuddlers!!
15. You have an upcoming wedding, where did you meet your fiancé, Jonny?
Jonny and I met in 8th grade and were friends throughout high school. We started dating after high school almost 5 1/2 years ago! We are planning our wedding for fall 2019.
16. Do you have any pets?
Yes! I have two dogs and two cats and they are like my children! If it were up to me I would have all the dogs.
17. Do you think the Bruins are going to win the Stanley Cup?
Yess!! Hopefully, Go Bruins!
18. What would you say to someone that is hesitant about joining CFP?
I would say just do it! Theres nothing to loose and so much muscle to gain!!