1. Where are you from?
I’m from the eastern part of Germany. The last city I’ve lived in was Leipzig.
2. What brought you to Ithaca?
I’m the Anderson’s Au Pair. So I mainly hangout with Lindsay and Chris’ kids.
3. Do you plan on staying here?
I’m definitely staying here until mid October. I’m not sure what’s going to happen after that. I’ll probably explore a new place in the U.S.
4. Do you get back to Germany often?
I’m not planning on going back to Germany until summer next year. That would be the longest I’ve been away from home. My family is going to come and visit me this summer. They’ll bring a little bit of Germany to me.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
If everything goes according to plan I’ll have my Bachelors degree in Sports Management and I’ll be working for a cool women’s soccer club somewhere in the world. However, my life rarely ever goes according to plan, so I’ll just roll with whatever is going to happen.
6. What brought you into CFP?
Lindsay always told me to try it out. I signed up for Foundations one day and never looked back.
7. What are some CF goals you’ve accomplished?
I think one major accomplishment was that I was able to Rx some stuff in this Year’s Open. Other than that it’s just small things like using a heavier wallball or being more comfortable on the Assault Bike. Even though I don’t think the word comfortable can actually be used for the Assault Bike.
8. What are some future goals you’ll like to achieve?>
Pull ups and double unders are definitely on top of my list.
9. What are your favorite CF movements?
Box jumps and wall balls.
10. What are your least favorite movements?
Kipping knees to chest. Just because I can’t seem to get a rhythm.
11. If you could write a WOD, what would it look like?
It would be a longer AMRAP. I like those. Throw in some box jumps and lifting. Oh and some of those fast lateral burpees over the bar.
12. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what is 1 piece of CF equipment you would bring?
One of the kids told me to just bring the gym. Which would technically be one item with all the other stuff inside. But since that is kind of cheating I would probably bring the Assault Bike. That’s one of the few things that would be really hard to build out of stuff I would find on an island. That’s of course only for working out. I would take a kettlebell if I needed something for survival purposes. Easy to hit stuff.
13. What about one book you’d bring?
The 6th Harry Potter book. Or anything by Jodi Picoult.
14. What’s your favorite thing to do in the area?
I love to longboard and now that it’s getting nice out I’ll definitely explore all the cool falls and gorges. I’m also going to take advantage of the lake.
15. Beer, liquor, wine, cider, none or all?
Definitely a cider girl.
16. Best meal you’ve ever had?
My mom’s potato salad. My favorite food in the whole wide world.
17. Favorite thing to cook?
German beef rouladen. It’s onion, pickles, bacon, and mustard wrapped into thinly sliced beef. It goes really well with my mom’s potato salad.
18. What’s one thing you’d tell someone hesitant about starting CF?
I would tell them that it’s not as intimidating as it seems. Every movement can be scaled according to your skills and fitness. It’s also the only thing that I’m happily getting up for at 7 in the morning.