the most experienced and knowledgeable coaching staff in New York State
+ Eamon Coyne:
I have been involved in CrossFit for over a decade now, initially incorporating it into my regular weight training for the military, and eventually turning to it as the only training method I follow. I have been long amazed by this community and its ability to bond people from different walks of life together to sweat it out, work hard, and take their fitness into their own hands and improve their lives.
I focus on essential and proper safe movement patterns with all of our athletes. Once we are moving safely and efficiently, then and only then, we can start adding the final factor of intensity. This allows people from all walks of life to successfully execute any movement with different variables of scalability and intensity. Regardless if the athlete who walks in the door is a college football player or an 80 year old grandmother, CrossFit is the perfect method for improving quality of life through community, hard work, and desire for improvement. The biggest payoff for me as a coach is to see athletes setting, striving for, and achieving their goals.
Empathy and compasssion are two terms which I employ in my coaching style. Recently, I've been focusing on the words of Coach Glassman, as it applies to my own, as well as my athletes movement-"Once you've mastered the basics, it's time to start over. This time, paying closer attention."
I love what I do and I love that I get to make a positive impact on people every day.
Served 4 years in the US Navy, deploying both aboard ship and in combat roles in both Iraq and Afghanistan
+ CrossFit Education:
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Coaches Prep Course
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified
- CrossFit Gymnastic Seminar Staff
- American Red Cross AED/ CPR/ First Aid certified
- BS-Business Management - Ithaca College '12
- MBA- Management- Ithaca College '13
+ Tim Paulson:
I have been doing Crossfit since the Spring of 2011, but started competitively training in the Fall of 2012 under Stephen Hitt (Crossfit Industrious, Lynwood, WA). I got started after meeting my business and training partner Eamon on the Ithaca College hockey team. He introduced me to Crossfit and from the first WOD, I was hooked. I've been an athlete all my life, primarily focused on Ice Hockey, playing in my hometown of Media, PA, before moving to Lake Placid, NY to play prep hockey. The competitive spirit that was ingrained in these workouts, always pushing against your friends, teammates, and yourself was what made them an addiction and not just a workout. Crossfit brought this back into my life, only 10 times stronger.
Fitness and perfecting movement (both others and my own) has become my life - in addition to a full time coach & owner, I am proud to be an athlete with the Brawlers in the NPGL (National Pro Grid League) and competitive Crossfitter. Competing alongside athletes of such a high level, and working with the awesome coaching staff, has helped elevate my knowledge of my own movement, and improved my coaching abilities immeasurably. I am a whole hearted believer that in order to truly perfect others movement, you must strive for perfection of your own as well - excellence is a habit that comes from ruthless dedication to one's goals. I am honored to be able to spend every day helping the incredible community at Crossfit Pallas become not only more functional athletes, but better, mentally stronger humans.
In my free time I love to travel, read, and spend time with my fiance and our Blue Heeler, Echo. I've backpacked and hiked in the Collegiate Peaks in Colorado, Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Sweden as well as around the Poconos, and I'll read pretty much anything nerdy. High Fantasy, history, and philosophy are where most of my interests lie!
- 2014 to Present - Joined the DC Brawlers in the newly formed National Pro Grid League (NPGL). Back to back champs.
- 2017 Wodapalooza - 8th place Elite division
- 5x Crossfit Games East Regional Competitor - best finish, 3rd, 2017.
- 2017 Crossfit Games Athlete- 19th Place finish
- Ithaca College ACHA D1 Ice Hockey Assistant Coach - 2012 Season
- Crossfit Level 1 Trainer
- USAW Level 1 Certified
- Various personal training experience with Track and Soccer athletes at Penncrest High School.
- American Red Cross: CPR/AED Certified
- Summa Cum Laude from Ithaca College with a degree in Accounting; May 2012.
- MBA-Professional Accountancy Candidate at Ithaca College
- Various Internships in Accounting & Finance (Tyler Arboretum, Greener Partners, KPMG LLP)
+ Darrin Gardner:
Athletics and competition have always been a major part of my life. In high school I couldn’t get enough sports. I sought after the positive team environment and motivational atmosphere that athletics offered. The excitement of training and competition was addicting and consumed my life- a feeling most competitive athletes are familiar with. In college I pursued an athletic career in soccer and basketball only to have it terminated by a career ending injury. This unwelcomed change left me lost. I felt like a fish out of water. I had to shift my focus and find something new to strive for, a new goal to motivate me. After spending a few years training in the boxing ring, I was introduced to CrossFit. I was hooked instantly. As a strength and conditioning coach and full time Exercise Science graduate student I saw great potential in CrossFit. I was finally reintroduced to that motivational x-factor that other athletic pursuits had left me hungry for. It was the perfect equation: Power and Olympic lifting + Gymnastics + Metabolic Conditioning thrown into a competitive team environment = Motivation Re-Ignition. I had finally found my element. CrossFit Pallas embodies all the positive features that CrossFit has to offer and leaves out all the rest. It has become a headquarters for teamwork and inspiration for me and many others in this community. I am proud to be a part of this team and hope to help provide others with what CrossFit has given me.
- Multi-sport high school athlete (Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Track & Field, Golf)
- Ithaca College Varsity Soccer
- Ithaca College Junior Varsity Basketball
- Ithaca College Club Rugby
+ CF Background:
- Cornell University D1 Strength and Conditioning Intern, 2012
- Four years as a Strength & Conditioning Coach at Ithaca College
- Five years as a Personal Trainer, Boxing Coach, and Mental Training Coach
- Dual M.S. Exercise Science / Human Performance & Sport Psychology / Ithaca College
B.S. Exercise Science / Minor in Sport Psychology / Ithaca College
CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- American Red Cross AED/CPR Certified
(Click (+) for more info)
+ Jana Leyden
After being a member of CrossFit Pallas for over a year now, I can’t imagine my life without it. CrossFit Pallas, and its community of members, really have become my second home and family. I’m proud to call it my hometown box; I believe strongly in the integrity of the programming, the quality of the coaching staff and the philosophy that maintaining virtuosity in movements is imperative. I am grateful for the opportunity to work at a gym with such high standards, and I am genuinely excited to coach the athletes at our gym.
- -HS Soccer, Basketball, AAU Basketball, Softball & Track*
- -Currently I play on a competitive co-ed adult soccer league and I love it!
+ Coaching Experience
- -Modified Soccer (7 Years)
- -JV Basketball (3 Years)
- -Varsity Softball (2 Years)
- -Track & Field (1 Year)
- Recent Races & Competitions
- -Seneca 7 Team (2 Years)
- -Spartan Sprint (2), Spartan Super (1), Spartan Beast (1)
- -Tough Mudder
- -Cancer 5K
- -Skunk Cabbage ½ Marathon
- -YMCA Sprint Triathalon
- -Boilermaker 10K
- -CrossFit Open
- -CNY Throwdown
- B.A. Secondary English Education
- SUNY Cortland
- University of New England
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate
- NYS Coaching License Certification
- First Aid, AED, & CPR Trained
+ Andy Lonsky
Competition. It has been a part of more than half of my life, whether it was being on a team or competing on an individual level. Growing up, team sports such as football and baseball allowed me to gain friendship, team bonding and a sense of community. Wrestling, which is more of an individual sport, allowed me to gain self-confidence, independence and a sense of self-awareness. I continued my athletics into high school where I competed in football and track, while working with athletic trainers to fine tune my performance. I was fortunate to advance my football career to the college level. Playing for the Bombers at Ithaca College was an unreal experience. It showed me every aspect of the game, from being a student-athlete, to facing physical and mental challenges, to learning responsibility and self-accountability.
CrossFit began after two years of post-college football. My first WOD was “Filthy 50”. What was I thinking, and why did I come back? I was able to find another source of competition. CrossFit is a physical and mental challenge, as well as being individually and team rewarding. There is more variety offered day-in and day-out. The community aspect is amazing. I am ready to share my knowledge and experiences with others using the CrossFit method.
+ Athletic Background:
- Pre-High School: Football, Wrestling & Baseball
- High School: Football and Track & Field
- Parisi’s Speed School: Sports Performance Training
- College Football: Ithaca College
- Spartan Races
- Tough Mudder
- Boilermaker Race
- Seneca 7 Race
- M.S. Health Education: Ithaca College
- B.S. Community Health Education: Ithaca College
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
+ Lex Santi
Crossfitter, yogi, international traveler, tri-linguist, dual masters degree holder, author and owner of the sweetest yoga-mut summed up in a three letter word: Lex. He started doing crossfit in 2013 in the midst of personal turmoil and found that what could not be worked out with yoga could be worked out with a WOD or a proficient lift. He believes the balance between these two forces: the yang of CrossFit and the Yin of a calm yoga practice could start a new religion, or at least keep your demon's away.
His yoga classes are a mix of styles inspired by Kripalu and Yin Yoga either being a slow flow of 30-40 poses or an even more meditative 10-15 poses in an hour.
Yoga classes are: Thursdays at 5:30 and Sundays at 10:30am - Yoga classes do not count against the 3 times a week and unlimited packages.
+ Athletic Background:
- HS Track - 4 Years
- HS Basketball - 1 Year
- BA, Hobart College in Creative Writing
- MFA, George Mason University in Creative Writing
- MSW, Washington University in Saint Louis
License in Social Work, State of New York
Yoga Instructor - 3 years
- Yin Yoga Certified
- Kripalu inspired
(Click (+) for more info)